Initiated and launched in 2014 by Professor Li Defeng in the University of Macau, the International Conference on Cognitive Research in Translation and Interpreting has been held successfully ever since then for 5 years in a row in the University of Macau（2014-2016）, Beijing Foreign Studies University （2017）and Renmin University (2018). It has become an important platform for the exchange of academic ideas, and its influence continues to expand.
The CSTIC will co-organize the 6th International Conference on Cognitive Research in Translation and Interpreting with Southwest University and Durham University in Chongqing. Scholars and experts from UK, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Macau and the Chinese Mainland will then present at the conference.
Cognitive Translation Studies: A New Paradigm of Translation Studies?
- The philosophical basis of Cognitive Translation Studies
- Theoretical modelling of cognitive process of translation and interpreting
- Methodology in cognitive research on translation and interpreting
- Cognitive linguistic approach to translation and interpreting
- Psycholinguistic approach to transition and interpreting
- Sociological approach to translation and interpreting
- Cognitive processes of translation
- Cognitive processes of interpreting
- Interaction between translator/ interpreter and environment
- Cognitive aspects of machine translation
- Emotion in translation and interpreting
- Corpus translation studies and cognitive translation studies
- Keynote Speakers
- Arnt Lykke Jakobsen, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Gary Massey, Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Patricia Rodríguez-Inés,Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Ricardo Muñoz Martín, University of Bologna, Italy
- Sandra L. Halverson,University of Agder, Norway
- Zheng Binghan, Durham University, UK
- LI Defeng, University of Macau, China
- LU Zhi, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, China
- WEN Xu, Southwest University
- WANG Jianhua, Renmin University of China.
- TAN Yesheng, Shanghai International Studies University
a). Eye-tracking Technique and Translation Process Research: An Introductory Lecture
b). Designing an Eye-tracking Experiment and Setting the Measurement Parameters
c). Applying Eye-tracking and Translog to Research the Cognitive Mechanism of Metaphor Translation Process：A Case-based Teaching
d). Bibliometrics in Translation Research
- Conference Language:
- Time: 8th November 2019
- Location: College of International Studies, Southwest University,
- Call for Papers
The deadline for English abstract submission is 15th October 2019, please sent your abstract to email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration and Fees
Registration is required for all presenters and participants of the conference. The standard registration fee for the conference is 1600 RMB. The registration fee for full-time students (copy of student ID required) is 800 RMB.
Please note that the fee covers the conference pack, refreshments, lunches during the conference and certificate for participation. The fee does NOT cover travel, accommodations or other fees not specified.
- Contact us
All enquiries shall be made to conference email: email@example.com, or contact Professor Chen 023-68252315